Reply to this topicStart new topic
DE/ TO instructors
jaime944
post Sep 3 2014, 05:15 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 371

With the experience I have I see teaching adults is very difficult. Teaching explosives and S.W.A.T techniques and all the TYPY A personalities need a reality check and possibly a little reigning in.
Some students need a good scare before they develope the superman complex and hurt themselves or other people.the stuff I teach and competitive driving are similar they have the ability to end life.
What are your opinions on instructions at our events.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/voices/on-the-...n?src=soc_fcbks

--------------------
Driver : UnerwŁnschte Katze Rennen
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
whosyourdaddy
post Sep 3 2014, 06:52 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 24

Excellent article and we should include at least a 15-20 min class on basic high performance driving and start about inquiring what experience they have.Once we know what they know we can be more proactive in making sure what they need to learn and to be safe to control their car.
This week end I think we will have a group of new drivers this weekend and we should do our best to tech em right . For us that drive in the pasenger seat know is dangerous cause we dont know the driver and how he can be safe and avoid accidents.
Us that have been doing this we can ride with each other and be comfortable and less scared. So lets get ready for the 9/13/20014.

+Quote Post
andy
post Sep 4 2014, 09:35 AM
Post #3

Andy

Member No.: 66

what is the name of the article, link doesn't work for me

http://www.roadandtrack.com/voices/columni...t?click=main_sr

+Quote Post
jaime944
post Sep 4 2014, 12:05 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 371

On the Brink: The unacceptable danger of modern track-day coaching
www.roadandtrack.com

--------------------
Driver : UnerwŁnschte Katze Rennen

+Quote Post
whosyourdaddy
post Sep 4 2014, 05:58 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 24

QUOTE (andy @ Sep 4 2014, 10:35 AM) *

Andy did u get it?

+Quote Post
andy
post Sep 6 2014, 07:56 AM
Post #6

Andy

Member No.: 66

yes

+Quote Post
russo
post Sep 10 2014, 05:42 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 394

Instructing at Daytona sure made me think about why I was doing this. The fact that my $1600.00 fee was waived due to me instructing made me realize that no amount of money is really worth risking life and limb. Daytona is a very fast track, advanced drivers in high HP machines, myself included, reach speeds of 177 mph on the final stretch before coming into the infield. Beginner and intermediate drivers approach this section at 140 mph. Daytona, unlike most of the straights at regular tracks, such as VIR, Road Atlanta, and COTA are fairly straight and speeds get to 165 mph. Daytona, on the other hand, you are doing crazy speeds on corners with 28 degrees of angle; hence, if a tire blows, or God forbid, you hit the yellow line on the low part of the track it will shoot you out towards the outer wall. You are in a world of trouble since the concrete wall lines both sides of the track and at some point you will hit both and hit them at high speed. My first student was in a C5 Z06 with only a normal seat belt restraint, this is where I started to rethink that my passion perhaps has gotten the best of me. This fellow was fairly level headed and thus not a too much of a worry that he might overdrive himself; nevertheless, right rear tire blow outs are a concern at this track. At drivers meeting you are instructed to keep an extra 2-3 psi extra in the right rear tire to mitigate this type of occurrence from happening. The second student had a similar type of car but it was a track car, meaning, a full harness and half cage. Nevertheless, although I felt nominally safer with this car it doesn't eliminate the risk entirely. From experience, at my last COTA event, I can tell you a tire can come apart at any given moment. In my case it happened on the front straight, no drama, just a bunch of damage. Conversely, if this type of scenario plays out at Daytona, all bets are off.
Indeed, Daytona was an awesome experience from a stand point of me driving; however, it was somewhat intimidating being in the passenger seat. Would I do Daytona again as an instructor? You bet, there is a satisfaction in seeing a student make progress and thanking me profusely and telling me how much he enjoyed the experience.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 02:24 AM
avana dapoxetine