Reply to this topicStart new topic
About last 'Night
SilverStreak
post Oct 8 2009, 01:48 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 448

I didn't realize your meetings were so serious, I mean all business, no messing around. Which brings me to my next point. I was a little disappointed in that only Russo and myself showed up in Porsche's. I was hoping to see some of those great looking cars I've seen on some of your photobuckets. Is it always like that, where only the officer's show up? Or did some others show up as soon as we left. Anyways at our Mustang Club we normaly have around 10 to 15 cars on average. Every now and then we have guests show up in rare cars. I guess if I want to check out the cars I need to show up at the track on the 17th. See you there. scratch_one-s_head.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
whosyourdaddy
post Oct 8 2009, 03:18 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 24

QUOTE (SilverStreak @ Oct 8 2009, 02:48 PM) *
I didn't realize your meetings were so serious, I mean all business, no messing around. Which brings me to my next point. I was a little disappointed in that only Russo and myself showed up in Porsche's. I was hoping to see some of those great looking cars I've seen on some of your photobuckets. Is it always like that, where only the officer's show up? Or did some others show up as soon as we left. Anyways at our Mustang Club we normaly have around 10 to 15 cars on average. Every now and then we have guests show up in rare cars. I guess if I want to check out the cars I need to show up at the track on the 17th. See you there. scratch_one-s_head.gif

some times u have more people but some of us get out late or this time my wife was sick but usually I make the meetings ,as for next weknd I will be out of town , Bassam and I think Bossolo too . well I will do my best to be there in November.

+Quote Post
NoPasaNada
post Oct 8 2009, 09:40 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15

our group is some what less show and shine oriented

--------------------
you are one with your machine when you are driving at 8/10's

+Quote Post
russo
post Oct 9 2009, 11:14 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 394

The seriousness of the meetings is directly attributable to the serious nature of our activity. Car clubs are more oriented towards, as NPN states "show and shine", where as DE clubs deal with the serious issues of potential litigation if an accident occurs. Most club members and participants don't realize the liability exposure that board members assume. In response to your observation to the fact that there are not many Porsche's at the meetings, this is mainly due to the fact that RGVPCA welcomes everyone; in fact, the common denominator of members and participants of RGVPCA is in their passion and desire to improve their driving skills while having a great time in a controlled and safe environment. Furthermore; in my experience, Porsche's don't make good show and tell cars since they're pretty much focused on the dynamics of handling and performance. It's rare that a Porsche owner will go through the time and expense to change the esthetic and HP component of his car to make it more unique, this is where other car clubs excel at. Mustangs can be vastly improved by their owners and they lend themselves to greater customization and uniqueness; however, these types of changes will not translate into improved driving dynamics. If a Porsche owner decides to spend time and money they are likely to do it on the component of the driving dynamics, i.e. brakes, suspension, safety. I am sorry that you are disappointed; however, I strongly recommend that you join us at our next DE event and experience the thrill and joy of driving your car to your maximum ability.

+Quote Post
SpyderGuy
post Oct 9 2009, 12:33 PM
Post #5

Advanced in?....I can't remember?

Member No.: 3

I would of brung my FP, but too windy therefore dusty for the trouble of only a two mile trip thru copland.
Our business meeting is suppost to be the first thirty minutes then party time.

--------------------
You don't stop playing because you get old, you get old 'cuz you stop playing!

+Quote Post
SilverStreak
post Oct 11 2009, 06:18 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 448

I hear you Russo, and agree with pretty much everything you posted, but. I beg to differ with you in regards to the aesthetics of the Porsche. I personally believe the Porsche has a unique and identifiable body shape that is reminiscent of a, lets just say as simple as a beautifull as woman in a simple black dress with pearls. Any deviations made by porsche are only there to enhance not only your driving experience, but it's performance as well. I didn't buy my Porsche because of it's performance value. I bought it beacuse DAMN IT'S A PORSCHE. to_become_senile.gif

+Quote Post
Z06MEISTER
post Oct 11 2009, 08:24 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 32

Used to belong to the RGV Corvette Club and had a blast by the way and made some very good friends and then I transitioned to the RGVPCA back in 2003 and have made some friends for life I hope. In a way I suppose I could have belonged to a Ford club since I owned an 01 and 04 Ford SVT Lightning. Even would unhook it from towing the trailer and had the darn thing on the track a few times. Had a blast seeing the facial expression on the Porsche Boxster driver going down the straight with a damn truck on their tail rofl.gif

As far as the gatherings, I believe the essence of the meetings is predicated by the nature of the intended outcomes.

RGV Vette Club Meeting: 90% Social and 10% Formal Business
Nature of Events: Show and Shine, Road Trips then Show and Shine, Drag strip events with only a few committing to running then show and shine

RGVPCA Club Meeting: Mas o menos 85% Formal Business and 15% Social
Nature of Events: Track Car Locally, Track Car Within 300 miles, Track Car Beyond 300 miles, Ocassional Road Trip as an excuse to still take advantage of vehicles performance aspects, meet for lunch during the week and most Saturdays to talk about even more enhancements to car or upcoming driving events and logistics. As for the show and shine, if the car gets nicked at the driving event - ni modo. That's the price for admission....

--------------------
You are one with your machine when driving at the "Limit"....
Track Toy: 2013 Camaro ZL1
PCA HPDE Instructor

+Quote Post
russo
post Oct 12 2009, 11:47 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SilverStreak @ Oct 11 2009, 07:18 AM) *
I hear you Russo, and agree with pretty much everything you posted, but. I beg to differ with you in regards to the aesthetics of the Porsche. I personally believe the Porsche has a unique and identifiable body shape that is reminiscent of a, lets just say as simple as a beautifull as woman in a simple black dress with pearls. Any deviations made by porsche are only there to enhance not only your driving experience, but it's performance as well. I didn't buy my Porsche because of it's performance value. I bought it beacuse DAMN IT'S A PORSCHE. to_become_senile.gif

Any cosmetic changes you make, without corresponding performance upgrades, will make your a car look like something that it isn't.
Porsche has about 18 variants of the 911, covering the basic model all the way up to the GT2. Esthetic differences are based on their performance upgrades. For example, the Turbo and it's wing on the back is different than the GT3 and consequently different than the S and basic model. You can dress your car to look like a Turbo, but its not. Consequently, the main reason that Porsche owners, in most cases, prefer to make their cars faster or better handling than to look like a car that it's not. Showing up at a DE event in a car that has an output of 345 hp and looks like a 911 with a rated output of 530 hp is, in my opinion, somewhat puzzling. If anything, you will always want your car to look understated, you may be familiar with the term, a sleeper. Mustangs and Corvettes usually come out with a few different iterations of the same model; thus, the reason they lend themselves to greater customization. Once you get more familiar with the History and variations of the 911 you may see the point of this conversation.

+Quote Post
rmj951
post Oct 12 2009, 12:50 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 2

As far as looks, I would enjoy the car with the J-lo rear end on the track much than just standing there & looking at it. I have never understood the P car owner that buys the car & it sits in the garage & just gets admired & driven less than 3k miles a year. As a friend once poetically said thatís like having a supermodel wife & not knocking it out a few times a week so you wonít hurt the re-sale. Youíre just saving it for the next guy!

Also please keep in mind since the demographic of this club is different. Most of the members are business owners & medical professionals. There schedules are usually changing so you wont often see all of them at the meetings. The one place that folks make it a priority to make is the events at CC Airport. Thatís were folks usually break out the hardware.

--------------------
Rene Molina
2014 Howe Mustang
RGV PCA #27
2012 NASA Texas ST-1 Champion

+Quote Post
whosyourdaddy
post Oct 12 2009, 04:02 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

don't worry guy the GT2 eventually will make it either to TWS or MSR but for sure I neeed to drive it like I stoled it.......at least once , but for sure will not do any upgrade mods that is only for Eggie , fire breathing plant.

+Quote Post
russo
post Oct 12 2009, 04:48 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE (whosyourdaddy @ Oct 12 2009, 05:02 PM) *
don't worry guy the GT2 eventually will make it either to TWS or MSR but for sure I neeed to drive it like I stoled it.......at least once , but for sure will not do any upgrade mods that is only for Eggie , fire breathing plant.

I don't think your GT2 needs any mods, as it stands it's a fire breathing MOF.

+Quote Post
NoPasaNada
post Oct 12 2009, 04:58 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15

Just let WYD drive the GT2 for a while and he'll decide it needs AT LEAST another 100 HP or rockets, the eggie needs wheelie bars and a parachute

--------------------
you are one with your machine when you are driving at 8/10's

+Quote Post
whosyourdaddy
post Oct 12 2009, 06:41 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

The good thing of GT2 is not only the power but it really turns where u want it to go ....Eggie different story u turn and it keeps going where the momentum is pushing power no problem is sweet and excellent .I guess once suspension is fixed ......and the monkey learns it be a different story .Rene has not had time to post the video but u can see the monkey having a hard time turning and correcting the slip angle looking in a positive helps burn some calories.

+Quote Post
drzee74
post Oct 13 2009, 09:57 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 130

You can dress your car to look like a Turbo, but its not. Consequently, the main reason that Porsche owners, in most cases, prefer to make their cars faster or better handling than to look like a car that it's not. Showing up at a DE event in a car that has an output of 345 hp and looks like a 911 with a rated output of 530 hp is, in my opinion, somewhat puzzling.

Russo no need to be puzzled! if you are referring to my car its a 996 turbo with "X50" upgrade package with some other performance enhancement upgrades and since you are a Porsche expert you would know that the car has an output close to 500 hp so don't be puzzled and just enjoy driving your car....... to_pick_ones_nose2.gif to_become_senile.gif

+Quote Post
russo
post Oct 13 2009, 10:57 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

I gather you fall into the category of having a 345 hp car dressed to look like a 530 hp? If that is not the case then I don't understand how you extrapolated that I was referring to your vehicle. Now if we are talking about a 996 Turbo X50, a more plausible and understandable designation would be to add an S at the end of the Turbo, don't you think?

+Quote Post
stangmeister9
post Oct 13 2009, 11:15 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 54

911 or not, every one has the right to do what they want with their own vehicle that they pay for. who cares what all others say. i tear up my car once a month and baby her for the rest of it. i add all i want and what others say goes in one and out the other. Dave, much like my self grew up modifying everything from bikes, cars, and what not. so its in ones blood to want to stand aopart not look just like the others. many of you like and are happy with your vehicles the way they are. if their was no room for improvement esthetically, or in the performance area then companies like, gembala, ruf, Techart, etc would not exist.

--------------------

+Quote Post
russo
post Oct 13 2009, 11:42 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dvsaenz @ Oct 13 2009, 12:15 PM) *
911 or not, every one has the right to do what they want with their own vehicle that they pay for. who cares what all others say. i tear up my car once a month and baby her for the rest of it. i add all i want and what others say goes in one and out the other. Dave, much like my self grew up modifying everything from bikes, cars, and what not. so its in ones blood to want to stand aopart not look just like the others. many of you like and are happy with your vehicles the way they are. if their was no room for improvement asthetically, or in the performance area then companies like, gembala, ruf, Techart, etc would not exist.

No offense, what you say is a very valid point; however, as far as Porsche's are concerned you need to know that the 911 is offered in 18 variants, once again, let me re-emphasize, 18 different models, with a starting price of 73K going all the way up to 210K. You are correct in stating that its your car and you can do what you want with it. Now, for the sake of argument, you have a Porsche, a basic 911 with 345 hp and you want to modify it, great! Nothing wrong with that concept; however, if you have a basic 911 and you change the esthetics to look like a Turbo/GT3, note, esthetics, we are not talking performance, your enthusiast status becomes questionable. All Porsche enthusiasts I have met to date are concerned with greater performance, not that their car is a mis-representation of another model.
If you have a Turbo and upgrade it's performance, there is nothing wrong with making it an S model, since Porsche themselves did the same exact upgrade at the factory and called it a Turbo S. Now, you take a normal Carrera S and change it to a GT2, what does that say? As a Porsche enthusiast, not an expert, that tells me you are more concerned of what other people think your car. Now, imagine for a second, you show up at a track event in your S looking like a GT3, surrounded by enthusiasts. Many question marks on peoples faces will be the outcome.
For a new owner who has never owned a Porsche, the prevailing wisdom is to start tracking the car, then begin with small increments on the performance upgrades, please note, again I emphasize performance upgrades. It would be an omission to offer counsel from an enthusiast's point of view to a newcomer.

+Quote Post
russo
post Oct 13 2009, 11:45 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

On your point on the aftermarket tuners, you will note that in most cases they will opt for performance upgrades and compliment those upgrades with esthetics in that they improve the aerodynamics of a car that came in with, say 500 hp, and is modified to 800 hp.

+Quote Post
drzee74
post Oct 13 2009, 12:21 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 130

QUOTE (russo @ Oct 13 2009, 11:57 AM) *
I gather you fall into the category of having a 345 hp car dressed to look like a 530 hp? If that is not the case then I don't understand how you extrapolated that I was referring to your vehicle. Now if we are talking about a 996 Turbo X50, a more plausible and understandable designation would be to add an S at the end of the Turbo, don't you think?

I think I can do whatever I feel like doing to my car....I never said its a GT2.......I like the way it looks I like the way it drives...I am not there to get your approval or do what you think is plausible or understandable I am there to have fun and enjoy the track even if I am riding a bike saying GT3 on it..... who cares?....I guess you do...... I am not concerned about what people think of my car..are you?....again enjoy driving your great, fast amazing GT3 and dont worry too much about what other people driving for fun..... scratch_one-s_head.gif

+Quote Post
stangmeister9
post Oct 13 2009, 01:38 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 54

Tony, no disrespect, but we are not talking about maiking a 911 into a 911s or tt or gt3. just making it an extension of one persona. much like your car, it grabs your attention, much like the owner, and that is what many of us admire about your gt3 and you! Don't get this and scrutinize it too much it is part of what makes motorsports so unique and competitive. i agree wth drzee74, do what u want and what u will! i have invested alot of money (blue collar dollars)into my ford and i am not trying to make it into a gt500 or shelby or roush, just trying to make mine and only mine!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2018 - 06:48 PM
cialis bitcoin