Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: H2R results
Coastal Bend Region PCA > Events > Track Events
2bars
QUOTE (rmj951 @ Nov 1 2010, 02:32 PM) *

did you guys click on the link to see all your laps? josh actually ran a bunch of 1:33 laps. maybe some of your laps were faster than what is listed too?
Z06MEISTER
We ran four sessions and from what I remember, those were the times from one of the A.M. sessions only. I was running 1:29's in the p.m. sessions according to my racelogic vbox timer.
handdoc
Pretty cool, thanks!
snakeeyes
Those are the times from Session One only. I dropped some time in the afternoon, too. Last time I did RFI timing there it missed my times for one of the sessions as well. I guess all the bugs aren't worked out yet.
whosyourdaddy
I don't know how u guys get the times but i can't open nothing to see the times
NoPasaNada
what happened to El Presidente?
andy
I got a 1.36. New car and it was having issues
Z06MEISTER
QUOTE (NoPasaNada @ Nov 1 2010, 08:22 PM) *

What happened is he got his hinee handed on a platter by a cheevee....

Happy belated Halloween bwahahahaha....
whosyourdaddy
QUOTE (andy @ Nov 1 2010, 08:31 PM) *
I got a 1.36. New car and it was having issues

is not too far from the 13th to fix the and with what Nopasanada says u better do than him on the 13th
andy
It will be fixed. I'll be hunting chevies
whosyourdaddy
QUOTE (Z06MEISTER @ Nov 1 2010, 08:45 PM) *
What happened is he got his hinee handed on a platter by a cheevee....

Happy belated Halloween bwahahahaha....

Ed the smile of Joel Was worth the event for a minute i thought he had rabies with trismus . See u at the PCA meeting Wednesday
Edward
FWIW, I recorded 47 laps.
whosyourdaddy
Saw result did have on my trackmate a 127 something
Z06MEISTER
QUOTE (andy @ Nov 1 2010, 09:11 PM) *
It will be fixed. I'll be hunting chevies

We are all allowed at least one screw up in our track car selections myself included. We'll count this as ur first as the 911 was not a screw up. That said, it is just a matter of time before u get rid of ur Bimmer. Suck it up meng. Listen, if it helps we'll do a collection for the $150 to have le STIG showing up at the next event to provide some lessons on how to put away ur cell n cigar while driving.

bassam
if you click on the lap time you'll see the timing for entire day, here's the results:

BILL WOODS 01:24.536
BASSAM ALHADDAD 01:24.614
RENEE MOLINA 01:25.484
CARRERAS, JOSE 01:27.472
DELTORO, FEDERICO 01:27.472
BRZEZINSKI, ROBERT 01:28.757
BOSSOLO, JOSE 01:28.945
CANCINO, EDUARDO 01:29.860
ROMANS, STEVE 01:30.771
Torres, Edward 01:31.646
TIBBENS, REX 01:31.960
GARCIA, JOSHUA 01:33.504
MANTHOS, DAN 01:34.310
MCKNIGHT, DAVID 01:36.218
ADAMS, RUSSELL 01:36.713
CAVEDA, EDUARDO 01:51.955
Z06MEISTER
Congrats Bassamers....

Saw the times at the clubhouse. There was a Honda Fit that ran a 1:35.
Z06MEISTER
Hey Andy,

Just kidding meng. Was on a sugar high for a while there from left over halloween candy....
snakeeyes
Thanks, Bassam. I was looking at the link on my phone last night and it didn't give me the option of clicking on individual names. That's actually some pretty cool data to have for $15.

Nice times, guys. It was a pleasure to run with such a quick bunch. Impressive that Bill cranked out TTOD in four timed laps.
SpyderGuy
This multi-time lap thing is great, how can we set this up at Cameron?
It would also make TT a breeze.
handdoc

He found out that BMW's are not "The ultimate driving machine" after all.
andy
re timiing $4k and $100 a month thats how

re beeemer- its still too early to tell
2bars
Yeah that's what I was talking about. You click the link at the bottom and then you could check the boxes on say bassam and woods and it shows a graph of both comparing all lap times.
Andy give that beemer a chance, they are awesome. Remember there was a learning curve when you drove your first Porsche too.
And those Chevy's are lucky a certain red Miata wasn't there, or they wouldn't have anything to razz you about! Lol
snakeeyes
2bars, were you there with that AE86 Corolla (I think that's what it was)? That car sounded frigging awesome.
gofobroke
QUOTE (bassam @ Nov 1 2010, 09:33 PM) *
if you click on the lap time you'll see the timing for entire day, here's the results:

BILL WOODS 01:24.536
BASSAM ALHADDAD 01:24.614
RENEE MOLINA 01:25.484
CARRERAS, JOSE 01:27.472
DELTORO, FEDERICO 01:27.472
BRZEZINSKI, ROBERT 01:28.757
BOSSOLO, JOSE 01:28.945
CANCINO, EDUARDO 01:29.860
ROMANS, STEVE 01:30.771
Torres, Edward 01:31.646
TIBBENS, REX 01:31.960
GARCIA, JOSHUA 01:33.504
MANTHOS, DAN 01:34.310
MCKNIGHT, DAVID 01:36.218
ADAMS, RUSSELL 01:36.713
CAVEDA, EDUARDO 01:51.955

Hey man there was a problem with the equipment. 1:51?? I looked fast in the pics....The car was trying to lean you could see it. The coast into the turns save the brakes strategy hurts the times. Well glad I did not push as Jaime was right the valves need adjusting. I took it to shook. $250 not bad. I did have glimpses of "the good feeling" on some turns. As a first time 911 driver you can absolutely tell these car's are built for this.
On another note the C6 tires came in today. With Ed running 1:29 in a C5 on streets no wings etc you have to wonder what the c6 Z can do on slicks. Pretty impressive.
whosyourdaddy
QUOTE (handdoc @ Nov 2 2010, 10:27 AM) *
He found out that BMW's are not "The ultimate driving machine" after all.

Andy don't feel bad war scars welcome is when we scar them back when we have fun ,learn to drive the machine cause the radical was favorite and look what happen is in the middel of the pac of course he is learning to drive and has also a pucker factor not to damage it .Ok for him but you we exxxxxxpected more. lets gang up and give Hand Doc the pinata cause once he kick our ass we will have to get used to his bragging rights.
whosyourdaddy
Hand Doc member I 8 A RDICAL or was it a GT2 lol it came around to u
bassam
QUOTE (gofobroke @ Nov 3 2010, 10:13 AM) *
With Ed running 1:29 in a C5 on streets no wings etc you have to wonder what the c6 Z can do on slicks. Pretty impressive.

With horse carriage technology in the rear suspension (leaf springs) you got me wondering too.
gofobroke
QUOTE (bassam @ Nov 3 2010, 04:18 PM) *
With horse carriage technology in the rear suspension (leaf springs) you got me wondering too.

True but they seem to work pretty well. Got my tires for the Z. Look for the dinosaur next event.
Z06MEISTER
Gofo,

If u won't drive it, at least give me a chance with that C6 Z06 meng.

handdoc
Andy don't feel bad war scars welcome is when we scar them back when we have fun ,learn to drive the machine cause the radical was favorite and look what happen is in the middel of the pac of course he is learning to drive and has also a pucker factor not to damage it .Ok for him but you we exxxxxxpected more. lets gang up and give Hand Doc the pinata cause once he kick our ass we will have to get used to his bragging rights.

Or, you could look at it from this other, more realistic perspective:
All the other drivers with better times have extensive experience driving their cars at HHR. It was the first time for me there in the Radical, and the second time EVER driving it. I don't think I did too bad. By the way, look behind you. I'm only 1.5 sec behind your time, bro.
And I didn't even stayed in the afternoon, with a warmer, grippier track.

I'm very happy with the performance of the car. The monkey will learn to drive it better in due time.
whosyourdaddy
QUOTE (handdoc @ Nov 3 2010, 05:31 PM) *
Or, you could look at it from this other, more realistic perspective:
All the other drivers with better times have extensive experience driving their cars at HHR. It was the first time for me there in the Radical, and the second time EVER driving it. I don't think I did too bad. By the way, look behind you. I'm only 1.5 sec behind your time, bro.
And I didn't even stayed in the afternoon, with a warmer, grippier track.

I'm very happy with the performance of the car. The monkey will learn to drive it better in due time.

Not to worry Ed is as far from you on street tires and a CHEVY . Behold the race car driver after practicing in Houston came to HHR and did not conquer . Iyou are not first you are last .... SHAKE and BAKE BABY sarcastic_hand.gif
gofobroke
QUOTE (Z06MEISTER @ Nov 3 2010, 05:12 PM) *
Gofo,

If u won't drive it, at least give me a chance with that C6 Z06 meng.

Don't worry I will drive it. Your memory of your 4 banger woopings at the hands of one dented subie fails you.
andy
I concur with hd I was first time ever driving the car, engine issues and street tires .and still only 5 secs off my 996 pace Our days of glory shall come andit will be the ultimate driving machine
whosyourdaddy
QUOTE (andy @ Nov 3 2010, 09:55 PM) *
I concur with hd I was first time ever driving the car, engine issues and street tires .and still only 5 secs off my 996 pace Our days of glory shall come andit will be the ultimate driving machine

U have to stop texting and smoking while driving.
Z06MEISTER
QUOTE (andy @ Nov 3 2010, 09:55 PM) *

All bs aside, you do have a sweet ride in the M3 so it is just a matter of time for you to make the most this car.....
andy
Apprehend the problem was a leak in the exhaust system
NoPasaNada
Andy, I think you need a towel of your own.
snakeeyes
QUOTE (gofobroke @ Nov 3 2010, 10:13 AM) *
With Ed running 1:29 in a C5 on streets no wings etc you have to wonder what the c6 Z can do on slicks. Pretty impressive.

Lance Adams runs a C5 Z that is set up for the "SS" category in autocross. That is a stock category, meaning his only mods are brake pads, Koni shocks, an alignment, and R compound tires. The entire drivetrain and everything else is dead-stock.

At the H2R Labor Day shootout, before the track was re-paved, he set TTOD with a 1:25.01 lap. For that matter, the first time he saw the track, shortly after it was opened, he apparently turned a 1:24.xx in the same car.

He's a heck of a driver, but it shows how much potential is in a good, stock, street car these days. Hell, I know a Miata driver whose best lap at H2R is a mid-1:26. His car is not stock, but it's normally-aspirated and could be driven on the street with different tires. Every time I think I'm turning respectable laps at Harris Hill, I just have to remind myself about guys like that. huh.gif
andy
the monkey is definitely a critical variable
Z06MEISTER
Need to get me some R-compounds n suspension....
snakeeyes
QUOTE (Z06MEISTER @ Nov 4 2010, 05:25 PM) *
Need to get me some R-compounds n suspension....

Need to get me some talent...
handdoc
Need to get me some talent...

You and me brother, you and me!
2bars
QUOTE (snakeeyes @ Nov 2 2010, 09:54 PM) *
2bars, were you there with that AE86 Corolla (I think that's what it was)? That car sounded frigging awesome.

yeah that's my buddy josh's toyota. i love how that lexus v8 sounds. we were trying to get his suspension setup dialed in. made some improvements, but it didn't like the big dips between 2-3 and turns 8-9. plus it was on street tires. he's usually on nt-01's but needs to buy a new set. your car was looking great as usual. are you on hoosiers now?
snakeeyes
QUOTE (2bars @ Nov 4 2010, 11:09 PM) *
yeah that's my buddy josh's toyota. i love how that lexus v8 sounds. we were trying to get his suspension setup dialed in. made some improvements, but it didn't like the big dips between 2-3 and turns 8-9. plus it was on street tires. he's usually on nt-01's but needs to buy a new set. your car was looking great as usual. are you on hoosiers now?

Ah, the Lexus explains it. I was thinking it sounded like a scaled-down version of the Cosworth V8s that used to power most of the F1 grid in the Seventies. Good stuff. When that car gets set up it will be a terror.

I'm running the same set of V710 Kumhos I've been using since I started autocrossing my car three years ago. At this point they have 5 track days, 14 autocrosses, and about 500 street miles on them. Safe to say they're probably done. I'm hoping to scrounge the budget to put on a new set in time for next spring, hopefully around the time they get the rest of the paving done at H2R. My car handled the bumps between 2 and 3 OK but did not like the 8-9 complex much. I had the shocks set pretty soft so it was handling the bumps alright, but I'm surprised I wasn't bottoming out through there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.