Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MSR Jan 29-30
Coastal Bend Region PCA > Events > Track Events
Pages: 1, 2
handdoc
For those of you who are going to this event, I talked to Dave at SRS/MSR and he can have some of us as his guests at the track on Friday the 28th. That day NASA is running their "test and tune" in the afternoon, for the participants of their race during the weekend.
If we make it there Thursday afternoon, we can unload at MSR and run Friday all day. During the morning we should have the track to ourselves, run all you want, no time limit.
The cost is $250. Let me know if you are interested. Russo and I are in already.
rmj951
I am in! I understood that the NASA Test & Tune was all day Friday either way Ill be there late Thursday. Will Dave be there throughout the weekend & can we paddock by his shop & use his facilities?
handdoc
Will Dave be there throughout the weekend & can we paddock by his shop & use his facilities?

Yes on both counts.
whosyourdaddy
I go for it too
bassam
I'll exercise the camel as well = I'm in.
FAMTECH
Cool! I will come by to catch up with ya fellas. Happy New Year!

Frank

whosyourdaddy
Hey HanDoc Nasa charges less for the whole day , that is what we found out.
handdoc
I know, Rene told me. You have to consider that if you pay the NASA $150 fee you get to paddock in their garage area.
If you pay MSR's "guest" fee ($250, as per their website) you get to paddock on, and use Dave's facilities, which are first class, and worth every penny of the $100 price differential, IMHO.
You decide what's best for you, I know what I'm doing.
rmj951
Yup its definitely worth paying the extra 100 bucks to have access to Dave's place for the weekend.
whosyourdaddy
Rene explained to me the deal and is worth doing
gofobroke
I am interested in doing this. How does one sign up?
whosyourdaddy
QUOTE (gofobroke @ Jan 1 2011, 07:25 PM) *
I am interested in doing this. How does one sign up?

we have to register to run with NASA and ether Hand Doc or Rene will let us know
handdoc
Register with NASA, I'll send an e-mail to Dave for the rest. So far it's six of us, counting you, GoFo. That's about the top limit I'd try for this, as we are going to be "guests" of Dave at SRS:
http://www.specracersports.com/

I'll keep y'all posted.
gofobroke
It says test and tune is open for participants of race for that weekend. So you can sign up for the $150 and that covers friday only i'm assuming. Then you pay the extra $100 to Dave?
whosyourdaddy
Is registration open for NASA ?
whosyourdaddy
Registered GTS1 Need Hotel, we can try a group for hotel and see what we can get let me know.
handdoc
Just register for the DE event with NASA (Sat and Sun). We'll pay the fee for Friday at the track. I should have made that more clear, my bad!
gofobroke
QUOTE (handdoc @ Jan 2 2011, 03:11 PM) *
Just register for the DE event with NASA (Sat and Sun). We'll pay the fee for Friday at the track. I should have made that more clear, my bad!

No can do whole weekend. Will have to pass on this. Someone else take my place. You guys have fun.
handdoc
You can always do just Friday for $250, or just register for 1 day (Sat) with NASA. Come on bro, you need to drive that Weissach!!!
whosyourdaddy
Gofo are u coming the week nd of the 15 to the DE
gofobroke
QUOTE (handdoc @ Jan 3 2011, 06:13 PM) *
You can always do just Friday for $250, or just register for 1 day (Sat) with NASA. Come on bro, you need to drive that Weissach!!!

diligently rereading my henry watts solo driving. Be happy to do friday for $250, but the nasa site takes you to the 2 day option only. Is the 1 day full? I'll show up with my $250 bro just hook me up. Gonna jack up the weissach and take a look at the pads cause have no spares. You have to find the exact shape and dimensions to reorder from wilwood. Then gonna change yee old oilee.
Got mudchisimo rust so going back to basics. One step at a time.
Hell yeah I want to go friday!!!

WYD if go friday 28th then skip cameron till feb. I NEED THE TIRE HOOK UP FOR CAMERON!!! I know somebody has some 225/ 15 inch used slicks someplace.
whosyourdaddy
You can register for Friday and drive also on Saturday

rmj951
La Quinta has rooms at 71 bucks with the 15% discount if you mention your racing at MSR rates fluctuate so if you want the 71 dollar rate book it ASAP.
2bars
QUOTE (gofobroke @ Jan 3 2011, 07:58 PM) *
diligently rereading my henry watts solo driving. Be happy to do friday for $250, but the nasa site takes you to the 2 day option only. Is the 1 day full? I'll show up with my $250 bro just hook me up. Gonna jack up the weissach and take a look at the pads cause have no spares. You have to find the exact shape and dimensions to reorder from wilwood. Then gonna change yee old oilee.

WYD if go friday 28th then skip cameron till feb. I NEED THE TIRE HOOK UP FOR CAMERON!!! I know somebody has some 225/ 15 inch used slicks someplace.

i have a set of good 225-45-15 hoiser r6's. $200.00 lmk.
whosyourdaddy
2Bars I use 18 s maybe GG or spiderman can use them.
gofobroke
QUOTE (2bars @ Jan 9 2011, 07:28 PM) *
i have a set of good 225-45-15 hoiser r6's. $200.00 lmk.

I'll take em if they are in good shape. Need to stock up for the Cameron cheese grater track.
Z06MEISTER
No go for me. Will be in Austin meeting with legislators. Securing my parking space at new F1 track....
handdoc
Securing my parking space at new F1 track....

What? You better be driving the truck there. I heard from a good source that there'll be no vettes allowed within a 200-mile radius.
You know, cause they are too fast, and they'd intimidate the F1 cars.
whosyourdaddy
QUOTE (gofobroke @ Jan 3 2011, 07:58 PM) *

Two Bars has those tires he is at Corpus
handdoc
Where are you guys staying for this event? I need to book a hotel.
whosyourdaddy
QUOTE (handdoc @ Jan 23 2011, 09:20 PM) *

Best Western but let me check for sure when i get home
whosyourdaddy
QUOTE (handdoc @ Jan 23 2011, 09:20 PM) *

Best Western but let me check for sure when i get home
handdoc
OK, here's the latest.
I talked to Dave, the owner of Spec Rcer Sports (SRS) at MSR, and he'll be glad to let us stay at his place for the whole weekend.
His place can sleep six of us, has all the amenities you can ask for (kitchen, flat screen TV, BBQ grill, wetbar, lockers, laundry, etc), and it's located TRACKSIDE.
He also has a full shop downstairs, and offers trackside support for a nominal fee.
He's told me that we can look up what the local hotel rooms go for, and he'll give us a better deal.
This is a great offer, but also an "impromptu" one, so we'd have to come to terms onsite (ie bring cash, or your checkbook).

Also, since some of us have expressed an interest in joining MSR as members, he's offered to talk to the track manager so he can meet briefly with us over lunch on Friday, and give us his "sales pitch" on membership, etc. They are aggressively recruiting new members, as they need the business. Dave hinted that if we stay at his place and do this, there's a strong possibility that we won't be charged at all for using the track on Friday.

I'm in all the way. Talked to Rene, he's in as well, Carreras has expressed some interest, so that's three so far.
I need to know who's in for sure (sin chingaderas), so we can get a headcount going.
This will be a very nice weekend.
rmj951
Bill is in for sure ill take a spot either for Jamie or Scott so that leaves 3 spots. If Bassam & Carreras are in thats a full house. Its a great way to save on the 150.00 on the test day.
whosyourdaddy
Bassam and interested on membership talk for the obvious reason but we prefer hotel and b y sharing it b same cost
handdoc
So I take it that's a "NO" on your behalf, Carreras?
whosyourdaddy
HEY ONE SHOWER for 6 and i want to rest in a good comfortable bed thanks for the offer . What time u leave tomorrow?
rmj951
http://www.specracersports.com/about-spec-...al-houston.html

Its a really nice place.
Juancuco71
what's the deal guys? Any updates from todays Race? times? who broke what? shower dilema! wish I could of been there, but we had to leave some troops to support the McAllen Autoshow. It turn out good. We should talk more about this in our next meeting.
handdoc
Great weekend, we all had a blast.
Dave at SRS was a fantastic host, he opened up a bay for us all weekend, so we could work inside. His place has all the amenities, and a great view of turn 1 right from his balcony.
Friday test and tune was pretty eventful, I had a close encounter with a Miata, did some cosmetic damage, not too bad.
Bill had a big off and hit a tire barrier, broke a header, had more significant damage to his car. Jaime spent all night getting it fixed, so he could race the rest of the weekend. All the guys were very fast, especially Rene, Bill and Bassam. Carreras had his GT2's clutch replaced on Friday, drove Saturday and today, improved his time by 6 seconds in 1 day! Scott Mann did some fantastic work coaching us (Rene, Carreras, and myself). He got me much more comfortable with the track, and my best time was a 1:44 and change (the cup cars run around 1:36, IIRC). Overall a great weekend for all. Can't wait to do it again!
handdoc
Posted a little video on facebook, will try to link it later here.
andy
sounds like yall had an interesting weekend
rmj951
We had a blast! I don't laugh so much anywhere else except when hanging out with Bassam, Jamie, Bill, WYD & HD at the track.

We got lucky & got Friday & Saturday in with no rain. Sunday was a different story It poured on us during the race. I found out that 3 year old rains are only 5-10% better than regular Hoosiers in the rain. Im throwing them away ASAP!

The car was AMAZING with the Motons! I ran a 1.45.5 back in Nov with Bossolo & Russo at the members day this weekend in qualified at a 1.43.5 for the Saturday race. . The most surprising thing is that i was on used tires (no budget for a new set for the weekend) & when we made a change on the canisters in the rear I made the wrong adjustment on one of the rears so i was locking up my right front under braking.

All in all a great weekend except for me punting Bassam's & Bills competitor off the track during the Saturday morning race but, ill let Bassam edit that video before we go any further.
handdoc
That was actually a pretty cool video, especially yours with the added "sound effects"!
slomiata

more here

http://vorshlag.smugmug.com/Racing-Events/...173813351_u2mY2
FAMTECH
Great seeing you guys! Catch you next time.

Frank
handdoc
It's always a pleasure to chat with you Frank. We miss you dearly. We need more guys like you, who do more driving than talking. Take care, bro.
Z06MEISTER
Heard there was a bit of paint and tire rubbing. Nothing serious I hope but goes with the territory. I almost t-boned a Miata at Cresson and that was in the DE session....
handdoc
Yep, first practice session on Friday, a damned Miata driver was very aggressive, tried to pass me on the inside at one of the carrousels, and I just never saw him, he hit my right side, spun me out, broke my right rear tire valve stem, so I got a flat and ruined my tire (driving back to pit lane on it's sidewall). The punchline was he never even came by to ask if I was OK, or to offer an apology. That's the least I would do if I plowed into someone at a track.
The rest of the weekend was pretty uneventful for me.
russo
QUOTE (handdoc @ Feb 3 2011, 09:36 AM) *
Yep, first practice session on Friday, a damned Miata driver was very aggressive, tried to pass me on the inside at one of the carrousels, and I just never saw him, he hit my right side, spun me out, broke my right rear tire valve stem, so I got a flat and ruined my tire (driving back to pit lane on it's sidewall). The punchline was he never even came by to ask if I was OK, or to offer an apology. That's the least I would do if I plowed into someone at a track.
The rest of the weekend was pretty uneventful for me.

Sounds like a hit and run accident, too bad you didn't get his license plate number.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.