Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: April 2 HHR DE austin PCA
Coastal Bend Region PCA > Events > Track Events
andy
Gentlemen,

Attached is information on our single day DE at Harris Hill Road. Registration opens on www.clubregistration.net on March 2nd. Please let your membership know.

*****************************H2R DE****** and***********CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS**********************************

Saturday, April 2nd, is our third Harris Hill Road (H2R) single day Drivers' Education (DE) event.

Z06MEISTER
See what happens when you miss a meeting - all hell breaks loose...

So what's the deal at HHR??
NoPasaNada
there is also a RPM two day school on March 5th and 6th at HHR
Randyb_981
There's darn near a DE/month at HHR hosed by somebody.
April could be just about perfect.

I've thought for a while that we should "piggyback" onto other's events instead of managing the logistics from afar. It may cost a few dollars more, but then we're all customers.
Juancuco71
QUOTE (RandyB_987 @ Feb 11 2011, 09:23 AM) *
I've thought for a while that we should "piggyback" onto other's events instead of managing the logistics from afar. It may cost a few dollars more, but then we're all customers.

So how much $$$ are we talking about piggyback or not?
andy
Piggy backing does not change cost, it is for us to offset responsibility for numbers. we tried to piggy back with san antonio for our last one but they weren't ready.

we dont need to piggyback. we can just go to others events all the fun ,non of the logistics.
whosyourdaddy
In terms of work takes more time to drive there and back. In money is a lot in the gas u spend , hotel and fee, you can spend more than 1k for a day of driving a D/E. If we could get More field we could afford to pay for track pick up and have some spare change , and if we mark where cones go it may even pay for it .
Randyb_981
QUOTE (andy @ Feb 21 2011, 09:42 AM) *
Piggy backing does not change cost, it is for us to offset responsibility for numbers. we tried to piggy back with san antonio for our last one but they weren't ready.

we dont need to piggyback. we can just go to others events all the fun ,non of the logistics.

My thought on "piggybacking" was more to give our instructors some preferences and experience (no/reduced fees) by participating with a group instead of just participating in their event. Increasing our stature as partner amongst adjacent regions and clubs can provide benefits over just being their customers.

No real issues with going to their event, I am looking at a BMW HHR event on 3/19...may instruct.
whosyourdaddy
Hey el ULTIMO driving machine you go to HHR y hechales madre con tu Machine and if you need help take HD with you he knows how to do it LOL.
andy
QUOTE (whosyourdaddy @ Feb 26 2011, 08:10 PM) *
Hey el ULTIMO driving machine you go to HHR y hechales madre con tu Machine and if you need help take HD with you he knows how to do it LOL.

registration is now open
whosyourdaddy
QUOTE (andy @ Feb 27 2011, 03:02 PM) *
registration is now open

Can't make it wife gets back from trip with my daughter need to be here to pick em up
handdoc
Tell her to get a cab. I'm pretty sure that will go well. ok.gif
whosyourdaddy
QUOTE (handdoc @ Feb 28 2011, 05:50 AM) *
Tell her to get a cab. I'm pretty sure that will go well. ok.gif

Lol you bet i get a cab but will be for me to go to HHR, no way I have not seen my daughter since New Year
rmj951
Guys just thought I would post something about the HCR PCA H2R event. I was somewhat reluctant to attend the event since the last PCA event out of the Valley for me was in 05 at TWS. That 05 TWS event was somewhat painful & I remember Frank Martinez's instructor would not let him solo all weekend even thought he was a instructor in another region.

Moving forward I needed to be in Austin Friday for work so I thought what the heck ill get some track time in on Saturday. The event was great I was asked to help with instruction & the event was run smoothly & a real joy to be a part of. I met some great 951 PCA club racers that were very friendly & happy that I was there to help.

The best part of the day was when my crank case vent on my car came loose on the track & I started to smoke. I was black flagged I came in & i fixed the issue for the next session. The head corner worker came over & apologized for pulling me off track. I told him what the problem was & thanked him for doing his job.

The red group was a blast the other 951's & i were able to push the limit & put down some great lap times after i made some changes to my Moton's I actually ran almost 3 secs a lap faster than in October.

Over all a great day & I recommend that next time HCR puts on a event at H2R you put it on your must do list!

snakeeyes
QUOTE (rmj951 @ Apr 6 2011, 11:14 AM) *
I actually ran almost 3 secs a lap faster than in October.

So Rene, were you down in the 22's last weekend then? That is damned quick at H2R.
rmj951
No 1.23 was the best i could do.
snakeeyes
QUOTE (rmj951 @ Apr 6 2011, 02:46 PM) *
No 1.23 was the best i could do.

Gosh, and I was happy a couple of weeks back because I nearly got into the :27s out there. 1:23 is mighty, mighty quick. I know back at the very first TT we all did out there (2008) your best TT lap was around a :30 flat. You've squeezed a lot of time out of that car. I'd love to know your speeds through 1 and 6 as those corners are a key to a fast lap, IMHO.
rmj951
Entrance speed into 1 was 93.84 exit was 95.27 mph entrance speed into 6 was 102.09 & exit was 100.54
snakeeyes
QUOTE (rmj951 @ Apr 6 2011, 06:04 PM) *
Entrance speed into 1 was 93.84 exit was 95.27 mph entrance speed into 6 was 102.09 & exit was 100.54

Nice, thanks. 95 mph through 1 is fast. My data is not as sophisticated as yours (trying out a SmartyCam) but on my best lap it shows an entry speed into 1 of 91 and an exit speed of 89. Into 6 I entered at 91 and exited at...94. to_pick_ones_nose2.gif I was lifting a bit before turning in but I guess that shows I need to keep it pinned (or at least not lift so much).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.