Bassam 1.18.604
Rene 1.19.097
Bossolo 1.19.558
Andy 1.24.587
Franks 1.25.407
Saenz 1.28.897
Kevin 1.36.761
Z06MEISTER
So danno, what you brung to to the CCA party meng????
stangmeister9
Running a 5.0 totally stock, even ran the oem brake pads till they begged for forgiveness. dont think i faired to bad after a one year hiatus and learning a relatively new car.
whosyourdaddy
Andy too bad my wife's Grocery car was not able to time so u could have some competition lol
JimW
QUOTE (stangmeister9 @ Sep 25 2011, 04:43 PM) *
Running a 5.0 totally stock, even ran the oem brake pads till they begged for forgiveness. dont think i faired to bad after a one year hiatus and learning a relatively new car.

Which time is yours- I can't match stangmeister to the names above. And I missed it all- for a good cause though.
JimW
What happened to GG- he was faster last time. Course difference?
handdoc
He's Saenz (his last name).
andy
Danny you did well. Wyd the panamera was impressive in the hairpin
grocery getter
QUOTE (JimW @ Sep 26 2011, 05:51 PM) *
What happened to GG- he was faster last time. Course difference?

1.8 mile course. The 1.36 is up from the 1.47 last year.
1900cc 5 speed
grocery getter
Good tire wear after corner balance, working on Brake pedal travel.
JimW
QUOTE (grocery getter @ Oct 1 2011, 03:24 PM) *
1.8 mile course. The 1.36 is up from the 1.47 last year.
1900cc 5 speed

Ok I thought it was probably a different track layout. Looking forward to Oct. need to do some maintenance on the Miata, but time is short with papers to write and tests to take, so may just watch.
2bars
when that time comes and your life flashes before your eyes, what will you see?
your wife, kids, friends, and that test you took? papers you wrote? or that high speed drift @ cameron?
think about it. there's always a little time for the track.
russo
QUOTE (2bars @ Oct 1 2011, 07:51 PM) *
when that time comes and your life flashes before your eyes, what will you see?
your wife, kids, friends, and that test you took? papers you wrote? or that high speed drift @ cameron?
think about it. there's always a little time for the track.

Well stated 2bars, those wild and crazy drifts are a sight to treasure. The only draw back is that two sets of tires are not enough, I may have to purchase an additional set so that I can do timing.
JimW
Have to take the tests and write the papers so I can get a better job and buy a Porsche! Laie_68.gif
handdoc
Good plan.
Z06MEISTER
Agree as I took a three-year hiatus from the track to finish my Doctorate work. The return on that investment of time and effort allowed for greater career opportunities. Which in turn allowed for a dedicated track car, 30ft track car enclosed trailer, and F250 track car trailer hauler, and most importantly greater flexibility in time for track events. Sometimes long term investments provide a fair return. We all take varied paths as to how we end up participating in these fulfilling track events, not how quick we get there or how often, but that eventually we get there....
jaime944
I agree! I spend most of my income to reinforce my retirement. I dont have credit cards ans anything done to my 944 is cash.its a slow process but i dont have the diaposable income. I work within my budget and have become very patient! My retirement comes first right now because of the uncertain economy.
rmj951
There are several schools of thought on this.

My dad spent his whole life planning for his retirement & he passed up many opportunities to take hunting & fishing trips or even go on vacations. His favorite saying was when I retire Im going to this or that. Two years into his retirement he had a stroke he survived the stroke but, he isn't the same as before he has limited use of his left side & has good & bad days with dizziness & headaches. With this all his retirement plans went down the drain. He still has a decent life all things considered but, you can tell he has many regrets.

Im doing this within reason but, my plan is to make every track event I can since tomorrow is promised to no one!
jaime944
Excellent point Rene,i guess my main concern is to have it if my kids need it! But believe me, im getting close and I've heard once you catch the fever its all over!
whosyourdaddy
QUOTE (jaime944 @ Oct 4 2011, 04:14 AM) *
Excellent point Rene,i guess my main concern is to have it if my kids need it! But believe me, im getting close and I've heard once you catch the fever its all over!

Ur kids will spend ur retiring money in one day since they did not earn it. Easy comes easy goes
whosyourdaddy
QUOTE (jaime944 @ Oct 4 2011, 04:14 AM) *

Ur kids will spend ur retiring money in one day since they did not earn it. Easy comes easy goes
andy
Plan for the future but live for today. Enjoy life now,if not what's the point. Also don't forget we have the meeting today at blue onion.
stangmeister9
As Rene stated....my brother aswell new that nothing was guarenteed in life as he lived for many years with parkinsons and his last year with cancer. he bought many cars that he dreamed of owning the... '07 gt500 the '10 gt500 and inevetiably bought the car that was always close to his childhood dreams the '08 911/tt. He became a season ticket holder for the all Aggie games and attended each and everyone with his son, Brandon. He finished his back yard garden, traveled with his family and friends, and bought the golf cart that he desired because somehow would improve his game. And at the end he had no regrets other then he could not continue with his son and wife.

As I write this reply, tomorrow marks the one year anniversary of my brothers passing.

so poop it, just do it!
handdoc
Sage words, Dan. Your bro was a great guy and it sounds like he lived life to the fullest. We should all follow his example.
Ed99
Every minute u wait your losing porsch time.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.