Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: May 4 DE
Coastal Bend Region PCA > Events > Track Events
Randyb_981
...well, I'm excited...
Cool spring and hot track.
beach.gif
stangmeister9
will be there, been since last October that i hit the track. new car...new lines...whats new!
jackruelas
I'll probably be out of town on business...but if I'm here...can I take my truck?
grocery getter
I am ready, we need a big showing.
Esteve
QUOTE (jackruelas @ Apr 23 2013, 04:29 PM) *
I'll probably be out of town on business...but if I'm here...can I take my truck?

Sure. Would suggest flushing the brakes & reviewing "things you need to know" located on the left side of the forum page. Keep in mind this is an HPDE so speeds will be much higher than the auto-x.
Randyb_981
At the CDI's request, I updated the helmets info on the front page. A reminder to all and all who you might invite...SNELL, M or SA, helmets are the only approved standard.

http://www.cbrpca.org/cbrpca_015.htm

Them purdy DOT flower pots just don't cut it. I just hate having to tell the street-racer-guy his $50 DOT helmet with a $299 paint job ain't gonna work.
...and those four point harnesses installed with stock seats...watch out...
seuss1337
All the parts for the Miata are in, if I get around to getting them installed I'll take it otherwise the mustang might get another chance to run at Cameron.
Randyb_981
Looks like spectacular weather forecast for May 3-4!!! Not forecast to break 80.
andy
Get your cars ready. Should be a good turnout. Who's helping setup at 730?
Esteve
QUOTE (andy @ May 2 2013, 06:51 AM) *
Get your cars ready. Should be a good turnout. Who's helping setup at 730?

I'm in.
Esteve
1.6 CW. As long as the lake is dry.
Ed99
Im in
grocery getter
7:30 - yes
andy
No plates so bring your own lunch
Z06MEISTER
Taking a neighbor with a 911 Carrera. Wants to start exploring what the Purshee is capable of doing on track. Calmado at first....
Randyb_981
What a nice February day in May! Great to see everyone.
Thanks Lynn for coming down.
andy
Another good event good turnout. Thanks to the helpers. Need more tires. Hopefully weather will stay cool for June event.
Randyb_981
Hey, was it me or was clockwise really exceptional?

I know I've gone that direction, I just don't remember when (all my traqmate settings show counter clockwise).
Into 3 through 2 towards the Gator Pond was really fun. In all, this course felt very "roady" and less "airporty" because of the combos and flow.

Maybe some kinda short straight after turn one for one-car passing (two fewer slalom gates) might relieve a bit of congestion (and some cones getting knocked down).

Super layout!
Esteve
QUOTE (RandyB_987 @ May 6 2013, 10:50 PM) *
Hey, was it me or was clockwise really exceptional?

I know I've gone that direction, I just don't remember when (all my traqmate settings show counter clockwise).
Into 3 through 2 towards the Gator Pond was really fun. In all, this course felt very "roady" and less "airporty" because of the combos and flow.

Maybe some kinda short straight after turn one for one-car passing (two fewer slalom gates) might relieve a bit of congestion (and some cones getting knocked down).

Super layout!

Moved apex at corner 2. Glad you noticed. Always open to suggestions. Good to see you two in the RGV.
andy
Yeah after the tweaks this layout has become one of the favorites
Ed99
QUOTE (andy @ May 8 2013, 07:28 AM) *
Yeah after the tweaks this layout has become one of the favorites

What if we take out the last two slolom gates and open them up some.
Z06MEISTER
My neighbor Miguel in the Carrera S had a blast and will bring his son to the next event. Had his Porsche basically parked then one day he noticed my car trailer and asked about what auto events I participated in. His adrenaline pegged the meter and the track bug has bit....
Randyb_981
QUOTE (Ed99 @ May 9 2013, 10:17 AM) *
What if we take out the last two slolom gates and open them up some.

Under this track configuration, that would create a couple of challenges such as getting onto track (pit in could be relocated).
My suggestion was to remove two gates coming out of turn 1 to allow for another short passing zone.

But we're all just tampering with perfection.

Great course!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.